Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Coaster Run 5K 2013

5 more days until The Coaster Run 5K. Few week ago I wasn't sure I would be able to pull this off and I'd have to walk part of the way. Doing couple of runs outdoors I was still struggling to get a proper run it. Running at the gym I would get some decent runs in, but always short of the 3.1 miles. This winter was much colder compared to last year. Last year I did a bulk of my training outdoors because the weather was decent. Yesterday finally finished 3.1 miles. I had one of those cheesy I can do it moments. I was surprised because it was in the evening after work.  I feel like this week is my cram week before the a big final. I know I can do it, but to beat my Pasadena Marathon time we'll see. At this point I just want to finish the race without stopping. It doesn't matter if I get smoked by some granny. I'm super excited for the slice of pie we get after the race. I'll have to think of the pie as my carrot, which will hopefully get me through the race. I'm also hoping that Snoopy is at the finish line so I can have a photo op. I guess in past years they didn't really run through the theme park because this year the race goes through the park. After getting more info about the race I just can't wait to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment