Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Korean BBQ

I love eating Korean BBQ. There are so many great KBBQ places in LA its so hard to choose which one to eat. From the ACYE KBBQ to the regular KBBQ. Its been months since i've eating KBBQ and yesterday I finally got to eat ChoSun Galbee in KTown. I love eating KBBQ because you get all the little side dishes. I haven't eaten at many KBBQ restaurants this year so its hard to compare, but ChoSun Gablee has a brown rice option and you can ask for seaweed soup. My mom asked for brown rice, but it looks purple to me because of the mixed beans they add. To me its more of a mixed rice, but the server took down brown rice so I'm asuming they call it that. The server was surprised we only ordered one meat dish, but $33.99 for the beef ribs was enough for my mom and I since we there was so many yummy side dishes. We also ordered the Chap Chae (Korean noodles). If we went with more people we would have ordered more meat. I definitely recommend this restaurant. The quality of meat is great and there's many different side dishes to please any palate. The non AYCE KBBQ tend to have better meat, but AYCE KBBQ you get to try more things so it hard to figure out where to go eat. Well I guess an easy way to decide is to see if your willing to wait 2-3 hours just to get a table at an AYCE restaurant. I think I've heard of people waiting 3+ hours just to sit down. The last time I went to an AYCE KBBQ I waited 1.5 and I had called before hand. The only downside is that after you eat KBBQ your clothes reek of KBBQ. Got too excited of the side dishes I forgot to take a pic of the brown rice & meat. Well guess I should go again.

2 comments: