Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Snake Year!

Wishing everyone a Happy Snake Year filled with joy, prosperity, and good health. I was trying to post this Sunday when it was actually Chinese New Years, but got to busy. Better late then never. Saturday, Chinese new years eve I went to eat dinner with part of my whole family. Basically whoever was in town. We ate yummy Taiwanese food that took almost an hour to come out. I guess everyone was out celebrating Chinese New Years
Haven Gastro Pub
French Onion Soup & Shake N Bake Sandwich
The next day my brother decide to take my parents out to Haven Gastro Pub in Old Town Pasadena. I had this fried chicken sandwich that had fried chicken, mash potatoes, and collard greens. I would have never thought of making a sandwich like that. We also shared French onion soup. After we decided to check out the Stone Company store since its one of brother's favorite craft beer brand.

Stone Company Store

 To end Chinese New Year we had hot pot. Hot pot is great any day, but nice to have it on Chinese New Years. To bad we don't get 2-3 week break like they do in Asia. It would be nice to get a few weeks off for a major American holiday. I wish I could have posted something more spectacular with all kinds of different dishes, but these day we try to keep it simple even celebrating holidays. Plus my parents are always saying that celebrating Chinese New Years in America is not the same as when they grew up. I don't know how it is in Taiwan because I didn't grow up there, but I love how we celebrate it here even though its simple. As long as there's good food & family its all good to me. :)
Hot Pot

No comments:

Post a Comment