Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Barre Addiction

One of the Barre DVDs I have.

Hi, I'm Evelyn and I'm a barre-aholic. Haha I'm not sure if that would qualify as an real addiction. After the Pasadena marathon I saw online about how this new barre studio was opening near me. One of my friend has taken barre class few years ago, but I didn't think much of it. I thought that it was just another one of those new fitness craze. For the first week all their classes was free since it was their grand opening, so I was like why not try something new plus its free. Who would have known I'd be hooked. Barre classes typically incorporate the use of a barre, ballet moments, & some kind of prop. There are so many different variations out there. From one that are more cardio based to ones that incorporate yoga/pilates. Overall all barre classes goals are to tone and be long/lean. Of the 10+ years I've been a gym member I have never seen best results/changes since taking barre. Bye bye muffin top. 

I used to have a on and off relationship with the gym, but since seeing results from the barre I've actually been more focused my other workouts. In barre your always pushing yourself and strengthening the core. With other workouts I feel that its easy to improve since you first start or it gets easier as you do more. On the other with barre your 50th class can feel like your just taking class for the first time. Only barre can make 2lb weights feel like you have 100lbs in your hands. I love barre so much that I bought 2 DVDs so I had the option of exercising at home and comparing the different types of barre. Compared to a traditional gym Barre can be pricey, but I think its worth it. I would recommend anyone thinking about trying it just to try it a few times before committing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment