Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Skincare Sunday (Jar Products)

One of my biggest pet peeve with skincare is products that come in jars. In the past most of my skincare products have come in tubes. In my birchbox I have been receiving some great samples, but some of the skincare have come in jars. Back when I was taking skincare classes we learned that skincare that comes in jars have a shorter shelf life (approx 3 months) and are at risk for contamination. Upon learning that I tried to stick with skincare that you squeeze, pump, or pour out. I don't mind skincare in jars, but I wish they would provide us with spatulas we don't have put our fingers in it. With Asian skincare or high-end skincare, I've noticed that they provide a littler spatula, but I wish everything that came in a jar had a spatula. I mean the benefit eye cream sample I got I'm not even sure if my pinkie would fit in their since it's so small. Also I find it hard to get out the right amount that I want with my finger. I would recommend going to a beauty supply shop like Sally's to find plastic cosmetic spatulas to use if you have any skincare or makeup that comes in a jar. My mom was able to dig up a old spatula for me to use so now I can go back to trying my birchbox makeup. Now I just have to figure out how to store the spatula and keep it clean. Its probably safer to just wash it before using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment