Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Belated Xmas Recap



Happy New Years Eve! This is a belated xmas post. My family's Christmas celebration is on Christmas Eve. We've always celebrate on Christmas Eve since I was little. Its our tradition. I love how our holiday celebrations are never your typical or what you would think as your typical Christmas celebrations. Last year my grandma was in town so we decided to go to Vegas during Christmas. You don't expect people to go to Vegas for Christmas, but people really do. Well at least us Asians. Nothing like the celebrating the holidays with a great buffet and gambling. When we were younger we would celebrate at home with big dinner and opening presents. Now that my cousins and I are all older our whole family usually goes out for dinner. This year we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant. The next day with just my brother and parents we had hot pot. Since I didn't get to eat hot pot for thanksgiving we decided to have it on Christmas day. Hot pot is always my favorite kind of meal. There are different types of hotpot styles/flavors, but the one we usually eat is more of a Japanese/Taiwanese style hot pot. I love how hot pot you get to eat a mishmash of all kinds of yummy food that you cook yourself. We always have sliced meat, veggies, and fish cakes. Hot pot was especially great for the colder weather, which is when we tend to eat hot pot. Honey Baked ham was probably the only traditional food we had. That's the thing about our holiday celebrations it might not be what you think is a typical celebration with turkey and all the trimmings, but that's what I think is traditional about it to me. One year we might feel like turkey with trimmings. Another year were off in Vegas having a great buffet. The main thing is that were all together having a great time. Can't wait to watch the Rose Parade tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment